CRM 2015 Workflow editing error

CRM 2015 Workflow editing error

I was recently attempting to add a Wait step to the beginning of a workflow.    When I tried to add the Wait step CRM would throw the error “Unexpected Error An error has occurred”.

The expanded error when you Download log file is
Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFaultMicrosoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]]: Unable to find metadata information for attribute !Process_Custom_Attribute_URL_Detail:
<OrganizationServiceFault xmlns:i=”http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance&#8221; xmlns=”http://schemas.microsoft.com/xrm/2011/Contracts”&gt;
<ErrorCode>-2147220970</ErrorCode>
<ErrorDetails xmlns:d2p1=”http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/System.Collections.Generic&#8221; />
<Message>Unable to find metadata information for attribute !Process_Custom_Attribute_URL_</Message>
<Timestamp>2015-02-23T15:38:17.4397312Z</Timestamp>
<InnerFault i:nil=”true” />
<TraceText i:nil=”true” />
</OrganizationServiceFault>

This pointed me to look at the Email step that I had in my workflow.  My Send Email step did have a link with the Record URL(dynamic) field.  It seems that there is a bug in CRM 2015 when you have this field in a step and you attempt to add a Wait step.

WORKAROUND
I found that the following workaround worked for me:
1. Open the Send Email step and remove the link that contained the Record URL(dynamic).
2. Add the Wait Step and configure
3. Add the link with the Record URL(dynamic) back into the Send Email Step
4. Save and close the Workflow and publish

This workaround worked for me for now.  Hopefully Microsoft will fix it in a future update rollup.

Jordan Quinn
})(jQuery)